Graduate Student Coordinator
The Franklin Humanities Institute (FHI) is seeking a reliable, detail-oriented Graduate Student Coordinator to work collaboratively with FHI on a National Endowment for the Humanities project on “The Civil Rights Movement: Grass Roots Perspectives.” The graduate student coordinator will assist this academic year with preparations for a three-week Summer Institute for thirty school teachers on the history of the civil rights movement at the grassroots level.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling administrative tasks, comfortable working in online media, and able to work independently with little supervision. We are looking for someone well organized, flexible, and preferably with some experience in university administration. The coordinator will report to Joseph McNicholas.
- Manage web portal for submitting applications to the Institute;
- Assist in preparing and distributing communications regarding the application process (circulate the call for applications, acknowledge receipt of applications, notify applicants, and keep track of acceptances, etc.);
- Collect and organize applications received for review by Co-Director Professor Robert Korstad, Co-Director Judy Richardson, and project team to meet and decide on accepted and waitlisted lists;
- Help where necessary to arrange room and board for Summer Institute Scholars;
- Arrange, schedule, and aid in preparation for meetings of the Co-Directors and project team;
- Create and disseminate a schedule of events;
- Coordinate events (including publicity, catering, guest travel and accommodations, and other related tasks);
- Develop creative social media content for Facebook, Twitter and YouTube;
- Coordinate regularly with FHI staff (regarding programming, reports, budget, reimbursements, honoraria, etc.);
- Additional administrative and support tasks as necessary to support the work of the project.
Hours are flexible. The ideal applicant will be able to commit an average of 8-10 hours a week.
Hourly compensation, based on experience.
Send resume and brief statement of interest to Joseph McNicholas at email@example.com.